Bolt together kit combining the Cummins R2.8 and Scout T18.
Engine and Adapter Package – Cummins R2.8 with Scout T18 “long” Transmission Adapter
If you’re looking to re-power an old Scout, the engine options don’t get much better than a Cummins R2.8. Now you can get everything you need to add legendary Cummins power and reliability to your Scout AND retain the desirable T-18/ T-19 transmission! Our complete engine and adapter package includes a brand new Cummins R2.8 Crate engine as well as the Quick Draw Brand bell housing adapter kit for bolting the new Cummins R2.8 to your “long” International Harvester Scout T18 or T19 transmission. We put together these complete engine and adapter packages to make the whole process easier and cheaper. Note that this is not a complete installation kit but includes the most important parts to get your project started.
Cummins R2.8 Engine Kit Includes (Cummins part number 5467046):
- Brand new Cummins engine assembly
- Complete front-end accessory drive
- Vacuum pump
- Remote fuel/ water separator
- Remote oil filter
- Mass air flow sensor and housing
- Engine wiring harness and ECM
- Universal vehicle wiring harness
- Throttle pedal
- j1939 CAN dash display
- Owner’s manual
- Installation guide
In Addition, the Quick Draw Scout T18 “Long” Kit Includes:
- Quick Draw Brand bellhousing adapter kit for the “long” Scout T-18/T-19 transmission
- Auto parts store clutch kit
- External slave cylinder
- HD clutch fork, pivot ball, and throw out bearing
- Flywheel with pilot bearing installed
Special Note: Looking to pickup a crate engine kit locally or have it professionally installed? Feel free to also contact Anything Scout in Ames, Iowa, or IH Parts America in Grass Valley, CA. Just need the Adapter kit? Click here.
The Cummins R2.8 is allowed in Tier 1 compliant vehicles and older with cut-off dates around 1999 for light duty trucks and 1993 for light duty cars. So, if unsure please reach out to us for verification. All purchasers will be required to provide a VIN number prior to shipment of parts for proof of compliance.
- Gathering, machining, palletizing, and shipping could and normally will take upwards of 1 to 2 week once the order is placed and VIN number validated, but if needing the crate sooner, expedited freight will be an additional cost to customer. In addition, all parts included in the kit will arrive in one crate with bell housing bolted to transmission and clutch components bolted to engine.
- Shipping is flat rate to the nearest Terminal or business address.
- Customer can ship directly to residence, but there will be an additional fee.
- The states of California, Alaska, and Hawaii will have to pay additional freight regardless of delivery location.
- Cummins offers a limited 2 year/2600 hour warranty on the engine crate. Cummins INC. is the contact for all warranty issues.
- Quick Draw Brand is a retailer for the Cummins R2.8 but is not a representative of Cummins nor does QDB have any affiliation with the manufacturing of Cummins parts.
We are available to answer any questions and always offers both Military discounts as well as check, cash, or wire discounts.
Here is a promotional video showing the toughness of the bell housings we produce.
* Some photos showing engine and transmission combination have parts missing that will be included in the kit.
|Dimensions||48 × 40 × 68 in|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.