Bolt together kit combining the Cummins R2.8 and Jeep AX15.
Engine and Adapter Package – Cummins R2.8 with Jeep AX15 / NV3550 Adapter
In stock (can be backordered)
In stock (can be backordered)
Have you decided to do a Cummins R2.8 conversion and already know what transmission you will be using? Quick Draw Brand has developed a wide selection of R2.8 crate engine and transmission adapter packages that makes ordering the right parts easy, while also saving you money! With this package you will receive a brand new Cummins R2.8 crate engine AND the Quick Draw Brand (QDB) bell housing adapter kit for the AX15 or NV3550. Both of these transmissions were used extensively in Jeep Wrangler applications, but note that this kit will also work with the 5-speed manual transmission found in the Dodge Dakota. Although this is not a complete installation kit (not engine or transmission mounts are included, for example), it does includes the most important parts to get your project started.
Special Note for Wrangler Conversions: The Quick Draw Adapter kit is actually shorter than the factory configuration and enables the transmission and transfer case to move forward with an R2.8 conversion. This allows for a longer rear driveshaft, perfect for your lifted Jeep! You can even modify the factory AX15 shifter lever to work with the factory access hole in the transmission tunnel.
Cummins R2.8 Crate Engine Includes (Cummins part number 5467046):
- Brand new Cummins R2.8 engine assembly
- Complete front-end accessory drive
- Vacuum pump
- Remote fuel/ water separator
- Remote oil filter
- Mass air flow sensor and housing
- Engine wiring harness and ECM
- Universal vehicle wiring harness
- Throttle pedal
- j1939 CAN dash display
- Owner’s manual
- Installation guide
In Addition, the Quick Draw Cummins R2.8 to Jeep AX15 / NV3550 Adapter Includes:
- QDB bell housing adapter to mate the R2.8 to an AX15 or NV3550 Jeep 5 speed transmission
- Complete clutch kit,
- External slave cylinder (eliminates the internal slave used with some AX-15 transmissions)
- Clutch fork, pivot ball, and throw out bearing
- Modified flywheel with pilot bearing installed
Note: Need motor mounts? We offer a selection of R2.8 motor mount kits for Jeep frames HERE.
The Cummins R2.8 is allowed in Tier 1 compliant vehicles and older with cut-off dates around 1999 for light duty trucks and 1993 for light duty cars. If you are unsure whether or not your recipient is compliant, please reach out to us for verification. All purchasers will be required to provide a VIN number prior to shipment of parts for proof of compliance.
- Gathering, machining, palletizing, and shipping could and normally will take upwards of 1 to 2 weeks once the order is placed and VIN number validated. If needing the crate sooner, expedited freight will be an additional cost to customer. In addition, all parts included in the kit will arrive in one crate with bell housing bolted to transmission and clutch components bolted to engine.
- Shipping is flat rate to the nearest Terminal or business address.
- Customer can ship directly to residence, but there will be an additional fee to customer.
- The states of California, Alaska, and Hawaii will have to pay additional freight regardless of delivery location.
- Cummins offers a limited 2 year/2600 hour warranty on the engine crate. Cummins INC. is the contact for all warranty issues.
- Quick Draw Brand is a retailer for the Cummins R2.8 Jeep AX15 but is not a representative of either them nor does QDB have any affiliation with the manufacturing of those Cummins’ parts.
You can contact us with questions. In addition, we always offer both Military discounts as well as check, cash, or wire discounts.
Here is a promotional video showing the toughness of the bell housings we produce.
* Some photos showing engine and transmission combination have parts missing that will be included in the kit.
|Dimensions||48 × 40 × 68 in|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.