Cummins 2.8 crate engine PLUS Quick Draw Cummins R2.8 to automatic GM small-block adapter kit
Engine and Adapter Package – Cummins R2.8 with Automatic GM LS Small Block Adapter
Finally a real solution for mating the Cummins R2.8 to an automatic GM LS small-block transmission is here. Quick Draw Brand has made a kit that is easy to install, cost effective, and works.
Our Cummins R2.8 to GM LS small-block package is the most complete kit you will find. You will receive the Cummins R2.8 Crate engine, brand new from Cummins Repower. In addition we include our Quick Draw automatic GM LS small-block adapter, which works with most transmissions that were originally mated to small-block Chevy engines as well as the LS engine family. The TH400, TH350, 700R4, 4L60, 4L60E, 4L80, and 6L80E will bolt to this adapter. This kit uses a factory Cummins flywheel /flexplate so no worries about welds coming apart. Designed around installation in short wheelbase vehicles, this kit is the shortest on the market and the flexplate bolts are easily accessible. Compare the price of this engine and adapter package vs. the price of just the Cummins R2.8 and you will find that a complete package makes the whole process easier and cheaper. This is not a complete installation kit (engine and transmission mounts are not included), but our package includes the most important parts to get your project bolted together.
What’s Included in the Cummins R2.8 Kit (Cummins part number 5467046):
- Cummins R2.8 complete engine assembly
- Complete front-end accessory drive
- Vacuum pump
- Remote fuel/ water separator
- Remote oil filter
- Mass air flow sensor and housing
- Engine wiring harness and ECM
- Universal vehicle wiring harness
- Throttle pedal
- j1939 CAN dash display
- Owner’s manual
- Installation guide
In Addition, We Include the Cummins R2.8 – Automatic GM small-block LS Adapter kit:
- QDB Flywheel housing adapter
- Cummins Flexplate
- Horizontal down pipe
- Torque converter pilot hub
- Timing cover housing
- Flex Plate stiffener
- Dust Cover
The Cummins R2.8 is allowed in Tier 1 compliant vehicles and older with cut-off dates around 1999 for light duty trucks and 1993 for light duty cars. If unsure about whether or not your application qualifies, please reach out to us for verification. Note that all purchasers will be required to provide VIN number prior to shipment of parts as proof of compliance.
- Gathering, machining, palletizing, and shipping could and normally will take upwards of 1 to 2 week once the order is placed and VIN number is validated, but if needing the crate sooner, expedited freight can be arranged at an additional cost to customer. In addition, all parts included in the kit will arrive in one crate with the transmission adapter plate and flexplate bolted to engine.
- Shipping is flat rate to the nearest freight terminal or business address.
- We can arrange shipment directly to a residence, but there will be an additional fee to customer.
- The states of California, Alaska, and Hawaii will have to pay additional freight regardless of delivery location.
- Cummins offers a limited 2 year/2600 hour warranty on the engine crate. Cummins INC. is the contact for all warranty issues.
- Quick Draw Brand is a retailer for the Cummins R2.8 but is not a representative of Cummins nor does QDB have any affiliation with the manufacturing of Cummins engines.
We are available to answer any questions and always offers both Military discounts as well as check, cash, or wire discounts.
Here is a promotional video showing the toughness of the bell housings we produce.
* Some photos showing engine and transmission combination have parts missing that will be included in the kit.
|Dimensions||48 × 40 × 62 in|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.