Bolt together kit combining the Cummins R2.8 and SM465 or SM420.
Engine and Adapter Package – Cummins R2.8 with GM SM465 / SM420 Adapter
If you’ve decided on doing a Cummins R2.8 conversion and already know the transmission you will be using, why not buy the engine and adapter as a complete package? Quick Draw Brand has developed multiple crate engine and adapter packages that will make selecting the right parts you need a whole lot easier, while also saving you money! With this package you will receive a brand new Cummins R2.8 Crate motor AND the Quick Draw Brand bell housing adapter kit for bolting the new Cummins R2.8 to your General Motors SM465 or SM420 4 speed transmission. This is not a complete installation kit (engine and transmission mounts are not included, for example) but this package includes the most important parts to get your project started.
Cummins R2.8 Crate Engine Kit Includes (Cummins part number 5467046):
- Brand new Cummins engine assembly
- Complete front-end accessory drive
- Vacuum pump
- Remote fuel/ water separator
- Remote oil filter
- Mass air flow sensor and housing
- Engine wiring harness and ECM
- Universal vehicle wiring harness
- Throttle pedal
- j1939 CAN dash display
- Owner’s manual
- Installation guide
In Addition, the Quick Draw Brand Cummins R2.8 to GM SM465 / SM420 Adapter Kit Includes:
- QDB bell housing adapter kit using an external slave cylinder
- Complete clutch kit
- External slave cylinder
- HD clutch fork, pivot ball, and throw out bearing
- Flywheel with pilot bearing installed
The Cummins R2.8 is allowed in Tier 1 compliant vehicles and older with cut-off dates around 1999 for light duty trucks and 1993 for light duty cars. If you are unsure about whether or not your recipient is compliant, please reach out to us for verification. All purchasers will be required to provide VIN number prior to shipment of parts for proof of compliance.
- Gathering, machining, palletizing, and shipping could and normally will take upwards of 1 to 2 week once the order is placed and VIN number validated. If needing the crate sooner, expedited freight will be an additional cost to customer. In addition, all parts included in the kit will arrive in one crate with bell housing bolted to transmission and clutch components bolted to engine.
- Shipping is flat rate to the nearest Terminal or business address.
- Customer can ship directly to residence, but there will be an additional fee to customer.
- The states of California, Alaska, and Hawaii will have to pay additional freight regardless of delivery location.
- Cummins offers a limited 2 year/2600 hour warranty on the engine crate. Cummins INC. is the contact for all warranty issues.
- Quick Draw Brand is a retailer for the Cummins R2.8 but is not a representative of any company nor does QDB have any affiliation with the manufacturing of any other companies’ parts.
We are available to answer any questions and always offers both Military discounts as well as check, cash, or wire discounts.
Here is a promotional video showing the toughness of the bell housings we produce.
* Some photos showing engine and transmission combination have parts missing that will be included in the kit.
|Dimensions||48 × 40 × 68 in|